Bushfire Relief Efforts
Pegasus Leisure Group are proud to support the Melbourne Racing Club’s bushfire relief announcement through the following measures:
- Each of our twelve PLG venues will donate $1,000 to the bushfire relief effort immediately.
- In addition, every venue will direct their 2020 first quarter MRC Foundation Appeal to the bushfire relief effort, which equates to another $1,000 per venue.
This supports the broader MRC response which includes:
- All gate admissions for the Australia Day weekend meetings at Mornington and Caulfield to be donated in full.
- All donations made to the MRC Foundation for the month of January will be given to the bushfire relief effort.
- All fire services personnel and their families provided free entry to our Australia Day weekend meetings with their efforts to be recognised throughout both race days.
If you, your family members and friends wish to contribute towards the cause please feel free to do so via the MRC Foundation.
https://mrc.racing.com/mrc-foundation. All of these funds will be directed to the Bendigo Bank Bushfire Appeal.
ABOUT THE MRC FOUNDATION
The MRC Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Melbourne Racing Club, and provides a centralised, coordinated approach to our charitable giving and community support.
The Foundation assists a diverse range of groups and organisations, particularly those within the areas of our three racecourses, Pegasus Leisure Group venues across Victoria and participants in the racing industry.
The MRC Foundation hopes to engage not only its MRC members and Pegasus Rewards customers but the wider Victorian community via generating charitable funds and other in kind support in order to enrich the life's of people in need.
PEGASUS LEISURE GROUP DONATION MODEL
The MRC Foundation supports local charities and organisations across our Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) venues around Victoria. Our PLG donation program gives two charities or local organisations per venue the chance to receive $1,000 at the end of a three month period.
Any customer purchasing food or beverage at each venue is given the choice of which organisation they would like to support. The organisation with the most votes at the end of the three month period will receive a $1,000 donation to go towards their cause, and will be invited to attend a celebration evening at the venue. The other organisation will also receive a $200 donation. Following this the venue will elect two new organisations to support.
If you would like your charity or organisation to participate in the PLG donation program at The Grand Hotel simply fill in the form below.
Once applications have closed we will announce the next 2 charities chosen.